This is our exclusive Portugal Tour. Imagine a week exploring Portugal from Lisbon to Porto and the Douro Valley. You will visit Sintra, Cacais & Estoril. We also have a market tour in Lisbon and a cooking class in Lisbon. On Sunday the 13th we visit Fatima (a major day for Fatima) and Obidos with a tasting of their special sour Cherry liqueur. You will also visit Coimbra & Aveiro, the Douro Valley and Porto.
You won’t find this tour anywhere else as this is an exclusive tour from InterlineTravel.com.
- 4 nights at 4* Turim Avenida, Lisbon with breakfast daily
- 3 nights at 4* Hotel Carrís Ribeira, Porto with breakfast daily
- Admissions to museums listed below.
- Meals as listed below.
- Local guide the entire time
- Transportation each day as outlined below.
Not included are – Entrances, services and local guides except as mentioned and porterage. Gratuities for coach drivers are not included in the tour price. Suggested gratuity for a touring coach driver is €2-4 per person per day.
The form of catering in the hotel and other services may differ from our offer/confirmation due to Covid-19 regulations. Changes in the access and visiting regulations for historical sites and museums , for example, are possible based on the current ordinances in force.
Our amazing itinerary is:
- Oct.10, 2024 – Arrival in Lisbon airport and transfer to hotel -Welcome to Portugal! Upon your arrival, our representative will be ready to greet you as you come out thru customs. They will accompany you to your hotel for the next few days, marking the beginning of your journey in Portugal.Check in at Turim Av Liberdade Hotel Location This urban hotel is located about 1 mile from the tourist hotspots, and it is half a mile to the center of Lisbon. Its setting is especially ideal for business travelers. The nearest public transportation options are approximately 6 miles away. It is about 6 miles to Lissabon (Lisbon) (LIS) Airport. FacilitiesThe hotel has 8 single rooms and 92 double rooms, which are located on 8 stories and are reachable by elevator. Multilingual staff at the 24-hour reception desk are happy to answer any questions. A baggage storage service, a safe and a currency exchange service are available. Wireless internet access allows guests to stay connected while on vacation. The tour desk offers assistance with booking excursions. Wheelchair-accessible facilities are available.There are also a number of shops that make for great strolling and browsing. A garden provides extra space for rest and relaxation in the open air. Additional amenities include a TV room and a library. Other services include a babysitting service, room service, a laundry service and a coin-operated laundry. Complimentary newspapers are available.Dinner with a Fado show Immerse yourself in the Portuguese soul and indulge in a dinner accompanied by a live Fado performance at a restaurant nestled in one of Lisbon’s traditional neighborhoods, Alfama. Alfama, the city’s oldest and one of its most typical neighborhoods, is considered one of the safest, boasting unique architecture with colorful, historic buildings that exude an air of joy and tranquility. The name “Alfama” (derived from the Arabic “al-hamma,” meaning good waters or fountains) hints at its maritime charm, once being a fishing district and regarded as the heart of the city. Alfama is renowned for its restaurants, Fado houses, and lively traditional festivals. Fado, elevated to the status of Cultural and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by UNESCO, is a distinct Portuguese musical style.While its exact origins remain uncertain, it is considered a historical and cultural fusion that unfolded in Lisbon. In Alfama, Fado resonates with the people, singing tales of their past and present. Embark on a unique experience as you witness Fado in its rawest form, within a residence once inhabited by the Counts of Linhares, one of Portugal’s noblest families. Savor a taste of Portuguese gastronomy as you listen to the beautiful music. This is a chance to delve into Portuguese culture, taking a journey through songs of nostalgia, maritime voyages, and the everyday life of Lisbon’s neighborhoods, all set to the rhythm of the Portuguese guitar!
Oct. 11, 2024 – Sintra, Cascais & Estoril -This morning we leave Lisbon on a private tour to Sintra. Discover the cultural landscape recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and explore one of the most picturesque areas around Lisbon. In Sintra there is plenty to see, iconic monuments, fairy-tale palaces and magical trails. Visit Pena Palace, which rests atop the majestic Sintra Mountains, a Romantic-style palace with vibrant colors in contrast to the mountain. The Pena Park hides unique and dazzling nooks and crannies and secrets that are worth discovering. After visiting the palace, you will have free time in the town of Sintra to explore the narrow streets of the historical center and will also have the chance to taste of typical sweets: the queijada and the travesseiro. Lunch will be at a traditional restaurant.From Sintra, travel along the Colares road, a beautiful route surrounded by nature, to Cabo da Roca, the westernmost point of Europe. Take a scenic drive along the coast to Cascais, passing Guincho beach – famous for surfing – and Boca do Inferno, a unique rock formation. Lunch will be at a local restaurant, we usually recommend the fish option since a fishing village should honor the best of the local cuisine. On the way back to Lisbon, enjoy the panoramic view of Estoril, where you will see the Estoril Casino, one of the biggest in Europe, its gardens and the Tamariz coast.
- Oct. 12, 2024 – Lisbon & Culinary Experience – Today you will enjoy a Lisbon tour and cooking class. Explore the wonders of Lisbon with a comprehensive city tour and indulge in a unique market experience paired with a cooking class. Our day begins with an immersive market experience. We’ll visit one of Lisbon’s bustling markets, where locals gather to purchase fresh produce, artisanal goods, and traditional ingredients. Engage with vendors, learn about Portuguese culinary staples, and immerse yourself in the lively atmosphere. The highlight of the day is a hands-on cooking class led by a skilled local chef. You’ll have the opportunity to transform the fresh market finds into delectable Portuguese dishes. Whether it’s mastering the art of Pastéis de Nata or crafting a savory Bacalhau à Brás, this cooking class promises an authentic and interactive culinary experience.After your culinary creations are complete, savor the fruits of your labor in a delightful meal, complemented by local wines. This unique combination of a Lisbon city tour and a market excursion with a cooking class ensures an enriching and delicious exploration of Portuguese culture and cuisine. Following the cooking class, prepare for a showcasing the city’s iconic landmarks, historical sites, and vibrant neighborhoods. Traverse through Alfama’s narrow streets, witness the grandeur of Belém, and take in breathtaking views from São Jorge Castle. Our knowledgeable guide will provide insights into Lisbon’s rich history, culture, and architectural marvels.
- Oct. 13, 2024 – Fatima and Óbidos – Today you visit Fatima on a special day & Tour in Óbidos. Embark on a special tour to Fátima and Óbidos on October 13th to experience the cultural and spiritual richness. Visit to the Sanctuary of Fátima:Begin your day with a visit to the Sanctuary of Fátima, a renowned pilgrimage site. Explore the Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary and the Chapel of the Apparitions, where the Virgin Mary is said to have appeared to the three shepherd children in 1917. Join pilgrims in special ceremonies and religious observances that take place on October 13th. Witness the spiritual atmosphere and devotion of the crowds gathered to commemorate the Miracle of Fátima. Take some personal time for reflection and prayer in the serene surroundings of the sanctuary. Light a candle and absorb the peaceful ambiance. Lunch on your own.In the afternoon, travel to the medieval town of Óbidos, known for its well-preserved architecture and charming streets. The journey offers picturesque views of the Portuguese countryside. Wander through the narrow cobblestone streets of Óbidos and explore the medieval castle, historic churches, and vibrant shops. Enjoy the unique atmosphere of this walled town. Taste the famous Ginginha, traditional cherry liquor from Óbidos.
- Oct. 14, 2024 – Lisbon to Porto – Check out from Turim Av Liberdade Hotel and we take a private transfer from Lisbon to Porto with a stop in Coimbra & Aveiro. This personalized tour allows you to explore key landmarks and enjoy the unique charm of each destination. Your private driver and guide will pick you up at your hotel.Enjoy a picturesque drive towards Coimbra, known for its historic university and captivating architecture. Explore the University of Coimbra, one of the oldest universities in Europe. Visit the Joanina Library, the Royal Palace, and the Chapel of São Miguel. Take some time to stroll through the charming streets of Coimbra, perhaps enjoying a coffee in the historic center.Depart from Coimbra and head towards Aveiro, often referred to as the “Venice of Portugal” due to its picturesque canals. Experience a relaxing canal cruise, exploring Aveiro’s waterways and admiring the colorful Moliceiro boats. Walk through the city center, discovering the Art Nouveau architecture and enjoying the vibrant atmosphere. Continue your journey to Porto, where our driver will drop you off at your hotel. This private transfer with stops in Coimbra and Aveiro offers a blend of history, culture, and scenic beauty, making your journey from Lisbon to Porto a delightful and enriching experience.Check in at Carris Porto Ribeira Location. his urban hotel is located not far from the center of Porto. It is about half a mile to the nearest suburban rail and subway station. Porto (OPO) Airport is situated about 10 miles away.The hotel has 90 non-smoking rooms, which are located on 5 stories and are reachable by elevator. The multilingual staff at the reception desk in the lobby are ready to assist you with check-in and check-out. Amenities include a coat check, baggage storage service, safe and currency exchange service. Wireless internet access allows guests to stay connected while on vacation. The tour desk offers assistance with booking excursions. The hotel has a range of facilities for guests with disabilities. Wheelchair-accessible facilities are available. Additional facilities include a TV room. Guests arriving by car can park their vehicles in the garage or in the parking lot. Further services and facilities include a 24-hour security service, a babysitting service, medical assistance, room service (for a fee), a wake-up call service, a laundry service and a coin operated laundry. The business center is on hand for guests’ business requirements and provides a fax machine.
- Oct. 15, 2024 – Douro Valley – This morning we embark on an immersive Douro Valley wine tour with a visit and wine tasting at a family-owned winery, complemented by a delicious lunch, followed by a scenic river cruise on the Douro River.Your day begins with a comfortable pick-up at your hotel in Porto. Enjoy a scenic drive through the captivating landscapes of the Douro Valley, characterized by terraced vineyards and stunning river vistas. Arrive at a picturesque family-owned winery nestled in the heart of the Douro Valley. Take a guided tour of the vineyards, witness the winemaking process, and explore the cellars where the wines age to perfection. Delight in a guided wine tasting session featuring a selection of the winery’s finest wines. Learn about the unique grape varieties and winemaking techniques that contribute to the distinct flavors of Douro Valley wines.Indulge in a sumptuous lunch at the winery, featuring traditional Portuguese dishes paired with the estate’s wines. Enjoy a leisurely meal surrounded by the vineyard’s serene ambiance. Following lunch, head to the Douro River for a relaxing cruise. Cruise along the river, soaking in the breathtaking landscapes of terraced vineyards, historic estates, and charming villages that line the Douro Valley. After the river cruise, your private driver and guide will take you back to Porto.
- Oct. 16, 2024 – Porto – This morning take a comprehensive Porto city tour that includes a delightful lunch, a tour and tasting at a renowned wine cellar, and a scenic cruise along the Douro River to admire its six iconic bridges. The tour begins with a pick-up from your hotel in Porto by your guide. Explore the historic center of Porto, a UNESCO World Heritage site.Visit landmarks such as the Clerigos Tower, Livraria Lello, and São Bento Railway Station. Stroll through the charming Ribeira district along the Douro River. Enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant, savoring traditional Portuguese dishes that showcase the region’s flavors. Head to one of Porto’s famous wine cellars located in Vila Nova de Gaia. Take a guided tour of the cellar, learning about the wine production process and the history of Port wine.Following the tour, indulge in a wine tasting session, sampling a variety of Port wines. Appreciate the unique characteristics of each vintage. Board a cruise along the Douro River to admire Porto’s iconic six bridges. Enjoy breathtaking views of the cityscape and learn about the history and architecture of each bridge. After the cruise, our guide will accompany you back to your hotel, marking the end of your Porto city tour. Final night dinner, on your own.
- Oct. 17, 2024 – Depart for Home – After breakfast transfer by coach to the Porto airport for your return flight home with a head full of memories and new friends. Our bus will depart at 8:30am for the 30 minute ride to the Porto airport.
Cost – This will vary based on how many people sign up. But here is the breakdown. Rates are per person based on double occupancy.
We offer two prices on this tour, one for the public and one for interliners. Interliners for this tour are airline employee or spouse, airline retiree or spouse, parent or parent-in-laws of the employee and they can call our office for the interline rate or find this tour at interlinetravel.com
For the public, the price is
- 15 to 19 guests – $2,089pp
- 20 to 24 guests – $2,019pp
- 25 to 30 guests – $1,959pp
- 30 to 34 guests – $1,939pp
- 35 to 40 guests – $1,879pp
- Single supplement – add $899 – Limited to 4 single room, first book, first get. Waitlist after that.
We have a 15 person minimum to make the tour go. If you sign up at the higher price and we get more people, you will end up paying what the final price for the tour ends up. For example, you sign up when we only have 20 people signed up, the cost is the higher price shown. But if we end up with over 30 or more going the price drops and that price based on how many are booked would be the final price you would pay.
Yes you can bring friends with you and parents and in-laws as well. We want to fill the group to 30+ to get the rate down. If we get an overwhelming response we will go to our operator and see about adding a 2nd or 3rd section if needed. Otherwise once we hit 40 we will have a waitlist in case of cancellations.
Deposit is $500pp at the time of booking.
Final Payment is due on Jul. 5, 2024.
No penalty if you cancel prior to or on Jul. 5, 2024.
Full penalty if cancelled after Jul. 5, 2024.
We strongly suggest you take out travel insurance to cover you for cancellation or medical issues while on the trip. Ask our agent for that info or click here to purchase it.
If we are unable to operate the tour due to Covid restrictions. then everyone booked will get a full refund to their credit card they paid with.
To book, contact Dynamic Travel & Cruises at 817 481-8631 / 800 766-2911 and any agent can take your info and payment. We need your full legal name to book and your billing address for your credit card. The charge will come from Dynamic Travel on your credit card bill.